Sunday, January 17, 2010

This is where my life changed...

I always wanted to start blogging the new adventures in my life, on how I became a newlywed and a new mother in less than a year but never had the time or patience to start one up until now. I made it one of my new year's resolution to start blogging and here I am starting from the beginning where my life all changed....

Yup prego it's true! This news was a complete shocker to me as it was to my family and friends. Maybe...because this pregnancy was not planned. I was planning my dream wedding for crying out loud. My wedding date was saved for July 10, 2010 and now I was expecting a baby. I was scared out of my mind...had no idea how I was going to break the news to my parents and my sister. My biggest fear was of what they will think of me...afterall, I wasn't married yet. And the fact that my sister was getting married in 7 months, that would make me 8 months prego and on top of that it was a destination wedding, who know's if I'd be restricted to flying.

You guys are probably thinking..."Aren't you on birth control?!?" "What did you expect?!?" Well, I was on the patch (ortho evra-a small patch that sticks to your skin to prevent pregnancy) and hated that thing. I changed my patch every week and every week I had to rotate sites and everytime I would apply the patch to my buttocks it would stick to my undies and come off. For this reason, I wanted to switch back to the pill and during that switch I must of caught a sperm and voila! I'm prego! I never thought in my wildest dreams I would get pregnant. I remember taking the pregnancy test and thinking OMG! There's 2 lines! Aaaaah!!!

I guess this baby had plans of its own...I see it as a true blessing. My soon-to-be husband was estatic and extremely excited. Although, I am not prepared to be a mommy yet (but then again who is?), I was happy for the new change in my life. I held off the big secret for a couple days when I couldn't take it anymore and just had to tell someone, so I told a few of my close cousins then my sister and finally told my mom who was shocked and even asked me "You weren't careful?" She later told my dad who was extremely disappointed in me (because I was daddy's little girl). I didn't see or talk to him for about three days, not one word to eachother. When I finally saw him, I just started crying. I couldn't even get one word out of my mouth. He hugged me then hugged my soon-to-be-husband (I hate to call him my baby daddy hehe). From that moment on, I knew everything was going to be okay.

We both decided to get married, it wasn't because I was pregnant. We we're already planning our dream wedding before I found out the big news. I don't want anyone thinking "Oh, they got married because she was pregnant" If you are thinking this you don't have a freaking clue! From the moment I found out I was pregnant I became unselfish...I didn't care about not having my dream wedding...all that mattered to me was my baby and my soon-to-be family.

A month later, I was married in San Francisco's City Hall and became Mrs. Orille on December 12, 2009.

My simple, sweet, beautiful ceremony.
I was expecting a baby girl due date set to be July 9, 2009. My doctor cleared me for take off! Yaaaaay! I was sooooo psyched I was able to attend my big sis's wedding in Hawaii! I had to be there! I was the freakin' matron of honor! I was 8 months pregnant and was looking forward to a tropical vacay. Whoa! Was I in for it...my ankles swelled up like crazy! I guess it was because of the warm, humid weather. Eeeew! It looked as if I didn't have ankles at all! I couldn't even fit into the cute, gold flats I was supposed to wear for the wedding. In the end, I was happy to be there for my sister who looked absolutely gorgeous on her special day. I had an awesome time with my husband and my family.

Paradise Cove Luau

Lanikuhonua
My older sis's Black & Hot Pink Bachelorette Party
The Bachelorette
Love is Paradise 05.12.09
The love of my life
I had my baby shower on May 30, 2009. It was the cutest baby shower because I myself helped plan it hehe along with my mom and mother-in-law. The theme was delicious girly, whimsical butterflies. The invitation included a butterfly design with the colors pink and turquiose. It set the perfect tone for an afternoon shower. My husband and I couldn't ask for a better shower filled with so much love, happiness and excitement.

My adorable invitations....sooooo cute! I fell in love with them!
My lovely flower arrangements
Some of my guest wore the theme colors....so cute!
I absolutely loved my candy and dessert buffet bar! Yummy!
My baby was showered with sooooo many gifts! I loved them all!
5 weeks later, after killer contractions and of course the epidural, I pushed for 50 minutes with the support of my amazing husband; I gave birth to a healthy baby girl on July 6, 2009 who weighed in at 6 lbs and 11 oz. We named her "Natalie Mackenzie Orille." After they wiped off all the mucus and slime as my husband would call it...she was absolutely beautiful!
I have no regrets...I would not change a thing...I'm a true believer of everything happens for a reason...I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family. I love them so very much! I absolutely love being a mommy and a wife. I can't wait to have more!