Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Blog Drought....

Sorry for the blog drought readers...it has been a crazy month and blogging was neglected. Here is a small recap of these last few weeks...

Ryan's birthday was on February 9 and I always plan something for him whether its out for dinner and drinks or dancing but this year he wanted to do something different. I was a little surprised because everyone knows Ryan loves to party! But this year, all he wanted we're some "Kobe's (basketball shoes)." So, on the day of his birthday, we headed to Nike Town in SF. He walked in that place with a big smile on his face like a kid in a candy store. I looked and said to him "Get whatever you want because you deserve it." In a blink of an eye, he vanished! And I along with Lily we're left wandering around looking for him! LOL! 

For his birthday lunch, we we're so indecisive on what to eat because we we're both on a "No rice" diet but because it was his birthday we both agreed we would make his birthday an exception to our diet rule hehe =) So, we had Thai for lunch and later that evening we ordered Chinese and a chocolate with fresh banana filling cake from "Mazzetti's Bakery", invited a few family and enjoyed the rest of the day with good company. 

Last Saturday, I had the pleasure of co-hosting my mother-in-law's (MIL) 50th birthday party along with my husband, brother-in-law and sister-in-law. Being that I am a big fan of decorating and hosting parties, I was extremely honored to be apart of her big day. We wanted a simple but elegant party so we decided to go a head with a black and white theme. I had such an awesome time planning the event. I enjoyed a wonderful night with the family. My MIL looked amazingly beautiful. I apologize for not taking any photos of the decor and food. I was so busy running around, making sure everything was set accordingly.
To add icing on the cake...she was also given another gift from her kids! Can you guess what it is? Hehe =) 
From the very start, she welcomed me into the family with open arms. And through the years, she's been there for me with loving support. I thank her for caring about me. It made all the difference. I couldn't ask for a better MIL. She is everything and more than I could ever ask for. I love her very dearly. She deserves nothing but the best.