Friday, February 5, 2010

More babies?

There's been a few people who have asked me when I'm going to have my next one...

While some women are ready to plunge into another pregnancy while they still have one or more children in diapers, I don’t even want to think about seeing the pregnancy test come back positive again until my first child hops on the back seat of my car to get dropped off for kindergarten! LOL!


But since my nephew was born...my sister made an interesting fact that I seriously gave a lot of thought. She told me "90% of your eggs have deteriorated by age 30." The thought of only having 10% of my eggs, decreases my chances to conceive in three years is a little worrisome. I will be 27 years old this April with one child who will be seven months old tomorrow. If I plan to have more...I need to start soon don't you think?!?


I have this instinctive desire to have three children may be fueled by an impulse to recreate the family structure of my own childhood. I have develop an urge to have the same number of children as my own mother. I always wanted three children and the thought of infertility or complications beginning at the age of 30 and older scares me!



Still, while there’s no “perfect time” to have another baby, some times are definitely better than others. No one can say when is the next time to have another baby may be. Each pregnancy is so different, that planning the perfect time for another baby is a tough call.



To close out my thoughts, we're open to the idea of having another child soon. I leave it in God's hands. I hope and pray he blesses me and Ryan with many children.