Friday, March 12, 2010

1st Allergic Reaction

A couple of days ago, Lily had her very first food allergic reaction. That evening Ryan took the initiative to feed our little princess dinner. Her daddy decided to introduce something new that night and little did we know she would be allergic to it. Lo and behold...it would be TURKEY! An hour later, she broke out in a rash all over her face! I was mortified! I wasn't sure what to do first...I didn't know whether to grab the Children's Benadryl or 1% Hydrocortisone. Ryan remained calm as always while I was the frantic mommy....I was even blaming him for her outbreak! I felt her itchiness...I know it must of been difficult as a baby for her to deal with this because I, too have extremely sensitive skin and had my fair share of outbreaks. Bad enough, she already has Eczema! Awww....my poor baby! 


After washing her face and applying 1% Hydrocortisone, it was slowly clearing up. Thank goodness!!! I was relieved! She is forever "Turkey-Banned." She will just have to settle for chicken on Thanksgiving! LOL! =)