Monday, March 8, 2010

A date with mommy...

Last Thursday was "Mother-Daughter Day," Lily and I went on a little shopping spree for the new season. Where was Daddy? He was working. It's rare that I take Lily out on my own, because it is so much work and a struggle. Luckily, my sister invited us to join them for an adventure to Palo Alto's Stanford Mall. I would have not survived alone. I don't even know how to take the stroller apart. I'm going to have to call Ryan for that one. Hehe. For this reason, I couldn't resist the offer. Not only is that place my ultimate fav but because I was dying for a Sprinkles cupcake! LOL! Plus, I needed to take Lily shopping for new spring clothes...I've been squeezing her big tooshie into size 6-9 months and she now fits 12-18 months! Boy, do they grow fast!




Now that she is 8 months, my daughter has turned into such a diva! I hate to say anything negative about my daughter but she can be the biggest brat! Her daddy says it's because of me...that I encouraged this behavior. So not true! I just hate to hear her cry or whine...it's very distracting and I become vulnerable to give her what she wants. Sometimes, I'm just so tired...I will do or give her anything just to hear complete silence even if its just for a few minutes.

I've been meaning to email Lily's pediatrician because lately, within the past several weeks she's been inducing herself to vomit when she refuses to drink her bottle. She forces herself to gag when she see's her bottle approaching her mouth. The bottle is not even in her mouth yet and she gags. Is this normal? As a nurse, I never learned all the small little things that a baby will endure in the early months of childhood. Since I had Lily, I've just been rolling with the punches. On top of that, as her mother/nurse without her pediatrician's consent; I've diagnosed her with GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) the upward movement of stomach content, including acid, into the esophagus and sometimes into or out of the mouth

It's not too serious...because she is gaining a significant amount of weight. The vomiting has concerned me but it doesn't seem to disturb her because after she has vomited all over herself and on me as well, she gives you this amazingly big beautiful smile with dimples. I don't think she realizes what she has done! LOL! As a matter of fact, I think she finds it funny and amusing. But I, in the other hand is extremely frustrated because we're both covered in vomit. As her mommy, I try to give her this mean look to show that what she is doing is not good but it doesn't seem to be effective. She just looks at me and smiles. Aaaaaah! The joys of being a mommy!