Friday, March 5, 2010

Mixing different patterns...

This season, I'm noticing the mixing of different patterns and textures in an ensemble is becoming super trendy! I've seen flowers mixed with stripes and different textures with eccentric patterns. This look used to be a major fashion no-no but now its becoming very stylish and cute!


I wanted to see what I could find in my closet so I can try this new trend but as I was mixing and pairing patterns, I realized this was not as easy as it looks. I didn't want to look like an idiot or someone who looks like they haven't done their laundry yet...so I found some pictures we can all try to imitate and help guide us in achieving this super cute look!

....flowers can go with almost every pattern! 



I love how the different prints and textures of the jacket, shirt and skirt work so well together


....and FYI make sure the colors you choose to wear don't clash